|1) DUTIES AND POWERS OF OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES OF A DEPOT OF PUNJAB ROADWAYS .
|a) DUTIES AND POWERS OF GENERAL MANAGER OF PUNJAB ROADWAYS
|General Manager being the Head of Office is the overall in charge of the depot. He is to ensure proper utilization of buses, monitoring of daily bus utilization and route receipt of PUNBUS, Punjab Roadways and Kilometer buses and effect control on the expenditure on various items in the depot. General Manager is the administrative and financial head of the depot. GM has the powers of DDO. He has Quasi Judicious powers in the case of workshop/class IV staff besides punishing authority in the case of drivers/conductors for minor punishments, whereas for imposing major penalties the process from suspension up-to that of completion of regular departmental inquiry is being got completed by the General Manager for disposal of the cases by the Director State Transport Punjab. General Manager is also conducting regular departmental inquiries as per instructions from the Directorate in the cases of employees of other depots. He issues final sanctions for the drawl of bills like spare parts, TA, HSD, Moil etc. To ensure timely disposal of increments, proficiency step up, earned leave, leave on medical grounds, process of GPF advance cases, pension and other retirement benefits to the retired employees and to the heirs of deceased employees. General Manager is to ensure proper maintenance and servicing of buses in the workshop, procurement of spare parts and accessories from the Central Store and from the local market from rate contract firms/authorised sources with in the permissible limit fixed by the Director State Transport. General Manager is to ensure timely operation of bus service. The General Manager is responsible for checking of buses as per instructions of the Directorate. GM is also the Reporting Authority to record the ACR's of WM,TM,AME,AC (F&A), LO, Supdt., JE's and Stenographer and excepting and Reviewing Authority in the case of other categories.
|b) DUTIES AND RESPOSIBILITIES OF WORKS MANAGER.
- To ensure / proper and timely maintenance / servicing of vehicles
- To enquire into each breakdown and fix responsibilities of negligence, if any
- To verify the out side repair bills
- To ensure punctuality by the workshop/store staff
- Preparing of annual store demand and its transmission to Directorate
- Purchase of spares/accessories to meet the urgent demand from local market, Rate contract firms and Authorized dealers and checking of their quantity and quality.
- Ensuring of proper cleanliness of workshop premises/ buses and their washing
- Making of buses available to the Duty section as per duty roster for operation after the issue of Fitness Certificate by the Workshop about their road worthiness.
- Making of arrangement for attending towing accident /breakdown buses from the site to workshop. 10) Condemnation of buses: Fair and timely disposal of condemned of buses unserviceable/ old parts/tyres/drums etc. through public auctions.
- Prepare of duty rota of w/shop as per instruction.
- Ensure timely removal of tyres from buses in view of milage covered by then for retreading purposes.
- To ensure proper maintenance of Main store and old parts.
- To ensure security of store w/shop and other property of the depot against theft/fire etc.
- To make timely arrangements for the procurement of Diesel, Moil and Lubricants and then safe and correct receipt.
- Checking of store at random to ensure its proper up keep to avoid shortage and bungling of material.
|c) DUTIES OF ASSTT. MECHNICAL ENGINEERS
|The Assistant Mechanical Engineer in a depot is responsible for all matters relating to procurement/consumption of Diesel and Lubricants, consumption of New tyres and retreaded tyres , consumption of batteries, pollution checking of buses and road accidents besides conducting inquries and to examine the reasons of the accidents.
|d) DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF ASSISTANT CONTROLLER (F&A)
- Maintenance of all accounts (including those for cash and stores) strictly on accordance with the Accounting Rules Procedure for Govt. Transport Services, other and instructions issued from time to time. The results of various transactions should be depicted in a manner that it should provide check and safeguard against wasteful expenditure, extravagance, carelessness or fraud in realization or utilization of Govt. money and other assets.
- To bring up-to-date all arrears in maintenance of accounts and clearance of liabilities.
- A complete daily check of the transactions appearing in the Cash Book,and its subsidiaries, imprest and personal ledger and personal ledger accounts. The cash book should be closed daily and summary of unpaid items drawn up in the cash book at the close of each month along-with physical verification of cash checking of T.A/overtime bills.
- To ensure that cash balance is kept at the minimum with the cashiers and also that all Govt. Revenue of Roadways collected by various agencies is deposited and reconciled promptly and also that all advances are adjusted without delay.
- Compilation of Performa accounts, budgets and the Appropriation Accounts, and the control over expenditure against the sanctioned grant.
- Maintenance of contingent registers up-to-date and expeditious clearance of O.B. items and audit paras of A.G./internal audit.
- Maintenance up-to-date of stores/ticket master accounts, depreciation, vehicle-wise expenditure, ticket, stock and bill registers etc. Cash and Store daybooks, a revenue receipt book, and store ledgers, account for retrieved and old parts.
- Clearance of Sundry debtors/Creditors. Timely raising of the bills against debtors.
- To ensure that all service records with leave accounts, Stationary and uniforms accounts are kept up-to-date securities are obtained from all concerned all accounts and registers are kept on the prescribed forms.
- To suggest ways and means for effecting economy in expenditure for improvement in the maintenance of accounts and for increase of Govt. Revenue.
|e) DUTIES OF TRAFFIC MANAGER
|Traffic manager is entirely responsible for the operation of buses. He is to keep liaison between duty section and workshop and likewise with other branches of Traffic. He is to perform / ensure the following:
- Preparation of duty Rota according to condition of buses and significance of routes
- To deploy smart/energetic drivers on long routes and display of duty rota daily
- Supervision of early morning bus operation and change in the routes of drivers/ conductor’s weekly/monthly and checking of norm register daily and to prepare cases against those bringing low route receipts.
- Monitoring of route checking/surprise checking and change in duty rota of inspector after every three months. Analysis of reports detected by the inspectors
- Control on Advance Booking
- To Check illegal bus service by private operators/ other STU's
- Control on booking section and to ensure that correct evaluation of the tickets sold by the conductor is made and monthly ticket master account is finalized regularly
- Control on accidents. He is to ensure that all accidents occurred near the depot irrespective of the depots are to attended immediately and to ensure treatment of injured and lodging of FIR with the police
- Inspectors/Drivers/Conductors should be in proper uniform and have valid license. Drivers/Conductors have First aid box,flexible pipe, Tarpaulin, spare stepny, fan belt side mirror
- To ensure that no conductor deposits short cash and only authorized punch is used by the conductors
- He should ensure that all permits are renewed in time and should be according to state/interstate agreements and no bus be allowed to go on route without valid permit/RC. He should also ensure that proper route boards are displayed on the buses
- He should ensure proper account of categories travelling free/on concessional basis is kept by the conductors and maintained in the booking branch
- To relieve drivers/condutors for the refresher course as and when called by the Trg. Officer
|f) DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF SECTION OFFICER.
- To apply the prescribed checks necessary to effect economy and to guard against waste and loss of public money.
- To bring to the notice of Director State Transport, through the Accounts Officer all errors and irregularities of serious nature.
- Pre-audit of all quotations and vouchers relating to contingent and capital expenditure and the audit detailed bills.
- Internal audit of purchase, Cash and Stores Accounts, Stationary, Uniforms, Accounts and Stock ledgers, sanctions, Muster Rolls, Job cards etc.
- Quantum of audit already entrusted excepting that specifically entrusted to AC (F&A).
- Test Audit of income from sale of tickets through way-bills and Conductor Ledgers, Police vouchers, Cash storage's, Rents, Adda fee, Special booking, Passes, Lost property and Auctions, Coolie license and Clock Room fees and Deposits into treasury.
- Test Physical verification of tickets and stores comparison of stores balances with Bin Cards
- Checking of fare tables monthly income and expenditure returns.
- Test check of the following items:
- Tyres account with a view to see caused of premature failures with cases and claims, if any, and extent of utilization of retreated tyres.
- Repeat issue of stores and premature overhauling of engines/pumps.
- Excess consumption of diesel/Moil.
- Batteries and other stores accounts
- Missed and dead mileage.
- Contract booking
- Issue slips with store ledgers.
- Post check of TA and overtime bills, service record of employees with leave accounts etc.
- Submission of monthly arrears reports on the various accounts and to attend to auctions.
|g) DUTIES OF LAW OFFICER
- Preparation of written statements in the court cases in which instructions to the D.A. to defend the court cases have been issued and provide him necessary assistance as and when required.
- To defend the cases up-to the level of Session Courts in which there are no instructions to DA.
- To attend the cases in the Labour Court, Labour Tribunal, DRT, Commissioner payment of wages act, Commissioner Workmen Compensation Act and Asst. Labour Commissioner.
- Preparation of written replies in the High Court cases and assistance to Advocate Generals to defend the cases in the High Court. To assist the Advocate on Records in the Supreme Court Cases.