- PUNBUS CAME INTO BEING AS A COMPANY UNDER THE COMPANIES ACT IN THE YEAR 1995 WITH THE MAIN OBJECTIVE OF MANAGING BUS STANDS.
- THE OBJECT OF RUNNING COMMERCIAL VEHICLES WAS ADDED TO OBJECTS OF PUNBUS IN THE YEAR 2006.
- THIS WAS DONE TO AUGMENT THE FLEET OF STATE TRANSPORT UNDERTAKING IN PUNJAB AND TO USE THE SURPLUS STAFF OF PUNJAB ROADWAYS .
- PUNBUS HAS 20 BUS STANDS UNDER ITS CONTROL.
- BUS STANDS BUILT UNDER BOT: AMRITSAR , JALANDHAR AND LUDHIANA.
- BUS STANDS BEING MANAGED UNDER OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE CONTRACT : MOGA , JAGRAON ,MUKTSAR, SBS NAGAR ,NANGAL, DERA BABA NANAK, PATHANKOT, HOSHIARPUR,ZIRA AND ANANDPUR SAHIB.
- BUS STANDS BEING MANAGED BY STAFF OF PUNJAB ROADWAYS: MUKERIAN, FEROZEPUR, FAZILKA, TARANTARN, MAJTHA, MOHALI AND ROPAR.
- PUNBUS IS IMPLEMENTING PASSENGER INFORMATION SYSTEM, ELECTRONIC TICKETING MACHINES AND ONLINE RESERVATION SYSTEM WITH CENTRAL ASSISTANCE.
- At Present PUNBUS is Operating Bus Services to Inter State and within Punjab Covering 4 Lakh (Approximate) Kilometers.
- 243 Newly added buses of PUNBUS are equipped with GPS System, LED Bus Destination System and Electronics Ticketing Machines.
PUNJAB STATE BUS STAND MANAGEMENT COMPANY LIMITED (PUNBUS)
PUNBUS is the outcome of Punjab Government dream of bringing about the public service in the state and to provide modern facilities in the public transport sector for the Public convenience at large.
PUNJAB STATE BUS STAND MANAGEMENT COMPANY LIMITED (PUNBUS) was incorporated on 07-03-1995 with the Registrar of Companies, Jalandhar with 100% equity participation of State of Punjab. Certificate of Commencement of Business was issued by the Registrar of Companies, Jalandhar on 06-06-1995.
COMPOSITION OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND SHARE HOLDING PATTERN OF THE COMPANY
PUNBUS being a wholly owned Punjab Government Company, all Directors on the Board and Shareholders are Government Nominees.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COMPANY
Main objectives of the company are :
- Construction/renovation/maintains of the bus stands in the State of Punjab.
- To run and operate commercial vehicles throughout India of anykind on its own.
OPERATION OF THE COMPANY
At present PUNBUS is running 1209 buses of its own and covering nearly 4 lakh km per day and planning to add more buses to the fleet..
|Sr. No.||Name||Board Of Directors of PUNBUS ||Post Name|
|1.||Sh. Kakumanu Siva Prasad, IAS||Principal Secretary to Government of Punjab, Department of Transport, Punjab ||Chairman|
| 2.||Sh. Tejinder Singh Dhaliwal , IAS||Director State Transport, Punjab. Chandigarh.||Managing Director|
|3.||Sh.Krishan Kumar,IAS||Secretary Expenditure-cum-Director Disinvestment ||Director|
|4.||Sh. Manjeet Singh Narang,IAS|| Managing Director, P.R.T.C., Patiala ||Director|
|5.||Smt. Tanu Kashyap, IAS||State Transport Commissioner,Punjab. ||Director|
|6||Sh. Paramjit Singh,||Non-Official||Director|
|7.||Sh. Tejinder Singh||Non-Official||Director|
|8.||Sh. Dayal Dass||Non-Official||Director|